Woodstock Museum Collection Database

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Title Eureka Memorandum
Date 1907
Object Name Memorandum
Catalog Number 2006.15.29
Scope & Content Made of Paper. Memorandum of agreement between the Barker Manufacturing Company and Eureka Planter Company Limited. The agreement in is in regards to the Barker Manufacturing Company allowing the Eureka Planter Company Limited to manufacture implements under the patent ( number 91225) held by the Barker Manufacturing Company. The memorandum is three pages in length with a blue construction paper cover. The Eureka Planter Company was founded in 1904 and originally produced lawn mowers and other agricultural tools. In 1927 they moved to their present location on Tecumseh Street and added a foundry division to the company. The foundry produced many iron, bronze and aluminum castings for other manufacturers. In 1952 the company was acquired by the Kelsey-Hays division of Canada, Woodstock Metal Technologies acquired it in the mid 1990's and closed in 2005.
Year Range from 1907
Year Range to 1907
Extent of Description 22.5 x 36 cm.