Finkle 130 - Hill House Property - Louise Hill's Painting Class
Black and white glossy photo with a thick white border of 7 women and a dog outdoors. They are gathered in a clearing surrounded by trees, bushes and vegetation. Four of the women are looking at the camera. They are eating. The three women in the center of the photo are sitting on a chaise lounge. There is another woman sitting in the grass in front of them. She is looking down to what is in her hands. On the left is a woman sitting in the grass. There is an easel behind her on the left. She is looking away from the camera. On the right is another woman. She is sitting in a chair, with a tea cart in front of her. She is looking down towards the tea cart. There is another woman sitting in the grass, on the right, but she is obscured by the tea cart. There is a long haired, dark coloured dog laying in the grass to the left of the tea cart. It is not looking towards the camera.
Similar to 1988.82.130 1988.82.127-131 were taken at the same time. Louise Hill was the first curator for the Oxford County Museum (renamed Woodstock Museum in 1984) in 1947. Louise was born in Cedar Creek Mills on Dec. 24, 1890 and died July 4, 1987. She moved to Woodstock at the age of 3 and lived in the home built by her great grandfather, Dr. Levi Hoyt Perry in 1819, at 130 Finkle St. Her father, Alfred Hill ("Fred S".) (b. Dec. 15, 1867, d. Nov. 26, 1938)) was the grandson of Levi Perry and Esther Burtch.