Purina - View from 130 Finkle (with Fred E. Hill and Larry S. Hill)
Black and white glossy photo with white border of two men standing at the open trunk of a 1940s era car. The man on the left is wearing a hat, glasses, light coloured jacket and dark pants. He has his hands in his pockets. The man on the right is wearing a long light coloured coat with light coloured pants and dark coloured shoes. Behind him, on the right is the beginning of a cement walkway or sidewalk. The trunk is filled with luggage and parcels. The license plate reads "Michigan GB-36-45". In the background are trees and bushes, and the Ralston-Purina Company, identified by the checkerboard design on the top of the building.
This photo is similar to 1988.82.161 1988.82.160-162 were taken at the same time. In the 1930s, the building in the background was Ralston-Purina. The address for Ralston-Purina is 386-400 Main St. - it is on the south side of Main St. between Butler St. and the Finkle St. footbridge. (2002) Dr. Levi Hoyt Perry (b. 1791, d. 1867) purchased Crown land on January 26, 1818, from Wm. Teeple, and began construction of a house in 1819. The house is at 130 Finkle Street, Woodstock Ont. (Woodstock Museum Files).